- WMEA iListenWI
WMEA proudly presents iListenWI,
the listening program with outcome based plans that fit beautifully into the
many educational frameworks teachers are encountering today.
2016-2017 materials available in September
iListenWI is a program that provides students with an exposure to a wide array of musical genres, to develop life-long intelligent music listeners and consumers, by encouraging higher level thinking and listening skills.
COST EFFECTIVE PROVEN LESSONS
For just $25 (WMEA member rate) you will receive:
- Teaching resources written by Wisconsin teachers and tested with Wisconsin students
- Creative listening maps and movement ideas that your students will love
- A repertoire that contains clear examples of form and style
- The support of committee members who will help you in any way they can.
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are providing students with an opportunity to love and own great pieces of music for a lifetime!
MEETS STATE AND NATIONAL STANDARDS
With the variety of lesson plans and your own creative twists, iListenWI can meet not only Wisconsin State Standards, but National Music Standards for Music Education
YOU DECIDE HOW MUCH TIME IT TAKES
iListenWI is versatile. You can weave it into your year-long curriculum, create a six week unit, or use it to introduce students to listening skills in a one to two week period. You decide how you will use iListenWI and the depth to which you will take it.
BEST OF ALL… IT HELPS STUDENTS DEVELOP SKILLS CRITICAL TO LIFE IN AND OUT OF THE MUSICAL WORLD!
Each school year, a committee of teachers selects a list of pieces that centers around a theme. These teachers create lesson plans/ideas, biographical information on the composers and listening maps to assist with teaching each of the pieces on the list. Pieces are selected not only for theme, but for their historical value as they have stood the test of time.
The theme for the 2015-2016 school year is "Time."
- Canzon septimi toni #2 - View Sample!
- Little Fugue in G minor
- Sheep May Safely Graze
- Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
- Minute Waltz
- Morning from Peer Gynt
- Variations on a Shaker Tune
- Syncopated Clock
- America from West Side Story
- Roll 'Em
WMEA iListenWI Committee Members
- Carolyn Atwell, Milwaukee Spanish Immersion School Educator, email
- Sharon Gilbert, Nekoosa Music Educator, email
- Matt Lamb, Glenwood City, Music Educator, email
- Darin Menk, Manitowoc, email
- Julie Ropers-Rosendahl, Delavan Music Educator, email
- Aimee Swanson, East Troy, Music Educator, email
- Jackie Vandenberg, West Bend, Music Educator, email